From Vellanos Villas you can:
- walk through paths that lead to churches in the surrounding mountains. You can also walk for about 2 kilometers to the village of Aerinos and admire the ancient olive tree which has a perimeter of 14m
- observe and smell different herbs that thrive in the area
- notice various prey birds in the blue sky
- also take the E4 path from the village of Elos which leads to the top of the mountain St. Dikaios where the only living pair of the unique Gypaetus in Crete live. Here there is an organized trough and maybe if you are lucky enough you will get a chance to admire the eagles up close.
- The main church of the village Kefali “the Transfiguration of Christ” (a very old Byzantine church) is celebrated every year on August 6 and a festival is organized with local food.
- The Virgin Chrisoskalitissa celebrates every year on August 14 and a lot of people come from all over the island. A feast in the village taverns with Cretan bands is held.
- On September 14, the church celebrates the Elevation of the Holy Cross in Aerino and so offered local fasting dishes are offered.
- Elafonisi is an exotic beach. It is a 15 minutes drive from Velanos Villas. It is famous for its unique beach with white – pink sand small shells and crystal clear waters. Chosen as the second best beach in Europe and seventh worldwide and is organized with umbrellas, sunbeds and canteens. Opposite is a small island where you can go on foot as the water is very shallow.
- Kedrodasos is located more south and west of Elafonisi. Is a protected beach with cedars more than 500 years old. The area is great for swimming and relaxation there is no infrastructure.
- Stomio is a 10 minute drive from the villas. It is accessible from the road that leads to Elafonisi. It is a rocky beach with white pebbles. It is suitable for fishing and swimming. The beach is not organized.
- The beautiful beach of Falasarna is located west of the city of Chania (half hour drive from the villas ). It is one of the most famous in Greece, which in the past had been awarded as the best beach in Crete and one of the 10 best in Europe. The sand on the beach is white giving the water a tropical color.